Bad Wolf Roleplay
Hey! Welcome! Please register, it would be amazing if you did!
Bad Wolf Roleplay
Hey! Welcome! Please register, it would be amazing if you did!
Bad Wolf Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Wolf Roleplay

This forum will provide a place for people to come together and roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2021 10:23 pm by The Lieutenant

» Site Update
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm by The Poet

» Lieutenant Adventures Series 15
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 2:50 pm by The Lieutenant

» Something old, Something new...
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 4:58 pm by The Poet

» Lieutenant Adventures Teaser and Announcement
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 1:57 pm by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures 2020 Specials
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 5:49 pm by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Series 14
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 10:53 am by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Series 13
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 11:45 am by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Prequel 25 June 2019
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 11:21 am by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures 2019 Specials Part 1
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 12:14 pm by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Series 12
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 12:09 pm by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Announcement - A Death has Occurred.
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 6:52 am by The Lieutenant

» Susan and the Lieutenant
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 7:22 pm by The Lieutenant

» Susan Campbell
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 pm by The Lieutenant

» Hullo, new here!
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:46 pm by Susan Campbell

Top posters
The Poet
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_vote_lcapLieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_voting_barLieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_vote_rcap 
The Lieutenant
Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_vote_lcapLieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_voting_barLieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_vote_rcap 
Ood Omega/Exo
TaRDiS (I'm back!)
Koschei Oakdown
13th Doctor
The Ninth Doctor
SnowLeopard
The Seeker
Theta Sigma
Most Viewed Topics
FΛDΣ. (Open for everyone)
Lieutenant Adventures Series 10 Episode 1 17 June 2015. Kellie Departs.
Site Wide RP (The Planning Stage)
Trouble in the Ood Sphere
Silence on Silenta (Blu, Aria, and Poet)
Still not ginger... (finished)
Character Template
I fell asleep!? (Open)
List of Canon Characters
Summer Winds (dead)

Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Lieutenant
Hard Worker
Hard Worker
The Lieutenant

Character sheet
First Character: The Lieutenant
Second Character: Penelope Pratt
Third Character: Carolyn Simpson

Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  Empty
PostSubject: Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials    Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 12:39 am

Lieutenant Adventures Comic Relief Special 19 March 2021. The Edge of Chaos Part 2.
The console room was deadly silent and in darkness. There was thick smoke all around the room. The only light in the room came from the console itself, the rest had been exhausted.

The Lieutenant sat in the corner and frowned slightly. He looked at the console unit refusing to talk to it. He was acting like an angry child but when his own TARDIS refused to listen to him he thought it was needed.

The smoke thickened.

The Lieutenant sighed and slowly stood up. Stretching his arms above him he cracked both his elbows before walking over to the console unit. He didn’t say a word as he walked over to it. He pulled a lever down to get the lights back on hoping it would work.

The room remained dark.

The Lieutenant sighed and shook his head. He tried a different lever to get rid of the smoke. When that didn’t work he looked at the console. ‘Do you want me to say sorry? IS that it?’ he yelled at it.

Silence.

The Lieutenant sighed and shook his head and looked up slowly. ‘Well, whether you help me or not I am getting out of here and going to destroy all of those gates!’ he yelled, his voice echoing all around the TARDIS.

Well, this is me now. Thank you for reading our Comic Relief special. You've seen me do this a few times now, can't believe I've been here this long. Anyway, onto the reason we're all here. To help raise money for a good cause. If you go to this link https://donation.comicrelief.com/ you can donate to the appeal. £35 is worth a teacher for 4-6 year olds in Kenya, £60 is worth three choir sessions and £100 is furniture and equipment for a young homeless person. But, any amount of money you can donate will help, it will help needy people in this country or Kenya. Thank you for giving me your time. Thank you for donating any money. Good night!

Fflat 2021.
Back to top Go down
The Lieutenant
Hard Worker
Hard Worker
The Lieutenant

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials    Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 10:15 pm

Lieutenant Adventures Halloween Special 31 October 2021. Bang.

The Lieutenant growled angrily as the TARDIS flung through space. He pulled the Master Lever again and slammed into the floor with a heavy thud. 'Was that it?' he asked, looking at the door and taking a breath. 'Here we go,' he said, as he threw on his trench coat and walked deep into the TARDIS. He came back with an assortment of weapons. Walking to the door he pulled it open and the sounds of war filled the console room. He smirked and drew two pistols from his belt as he walked out, feeling the warmth of war and fire bathing over him as the door to his TARDIS slowly closed behind him. Screams filled his ears, ones he had hoped not to hear for a long time or possibly ever again but here he was, once again at the end of his home, the end of Gallifrey, the end of the Time War and, this time around, the end of the universe.

A Dalek shot at the Lieutenant.

Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmvaxczXu4

The Lieutenant ducked under the fire of the Dalek and quickly shot at it. The bolt shattered the outer case of the Dalek. He left the creature screaming as it exploded, rolling across the ground he went onto his knees and opened fire at a group of Daleks advancing on some Time Lord soldiers. The bolts from his pistols tore through the squad of Daleks destroying them. He walked past the soldiers, glaring at them as they regrouped and went in a different direction to continue the fight. 'Good,' he thought. He didn't want anyone to follow him as he brought destruction before him. Looking up he saw a Dalek saucer flying over the planet. He knelt down and pulled a rocker launcher from his back. 'Only one shot,' he said as he aimed straight up and fired at the saucer. The rocket impacted it and exploded. The ship slowly dropped from the sky. 'One is all I need,' he said.

Some soldiers nearby shouted to each other, 'Is that the Doctor?'

The Lieutenant laughed looking at them. 'The Doctor?' he asked as he shook his head and threw a grenade, destroying a bit of rubble which collapsed onto another group of Daleks, crushing them all. 'He doesn't use weapons!' he exclaimed. 'I'm the Lieutenant!' He walked over to them. Seeing the fear in their eyes actually made him feel a little sorry for them, he couldn't soften up now,nNot this close to the end. 'Keep your courage, keep fighting. This war is far from over,' he said, deciding to lead some men as he shot down a small Dalek attack ship.

One of them frowned slightly. 'The Lieutenant,' he said. 'Are you sure?'

The Lieutenant turned back to the soldier and glared at him. 'What did you expect? Someone older? Someone calmer? You lot have become tame in your time in the void! You've forgotten what the real world is like,' he snarled.

'She's our commanding officer,' he replied simply. 'If you really are her, you're our commanding officer,' he said.

The Lieutenant frowned slightly and laughed. 'Oh, yes! I forgot I was here before. A younger incarnation of myself. Her timeline is out of sync with me here,' he said.

'Exterminate!' yelled a Dalek that had snuck up on them.

Yelling over the chaos, another soldier said, 'If you are her and she is you, you won't mind us telling her, then, will you, that someone is here claiming to be her.'

The Lieutenant spun around and fired the last few bolts from his pistols into it. He sighed, dropping the empty guns to the ground. 'We mustn't forget we're in a war,' he said. He then frowned and turned to the soldiers. 'Ah, now that is something I cannot allow to happen,' he said.

'Why not, if you're her?' the other soldier asked.

The Lieutenant looked at them. 'Well, you see, I'm at a point in my life now where I don't exactly get along with my younger incarnations so if you could avoid telling her, that would be much appreciated,' he said.

The soldier who had first spoken up raised his hand for silence. 'It's OK,' he said, 'we're in probably the worst war the Universe has seen, we don't have time for senseless arguing. I believe him. I believe he is the Lieutenant and as our commanding officer, he has very politely asked us not to tell her he's here,' he said.

The Lieutenant looked at the solider and smiled slightly. 'Thank you,' he said as he nodded slightly. 'Now, shall we get back to saving this world and killing Daleks or do you want to stand around here and chat some more?' he asked.

'Exterminate!' chorused an unknown amount of Daleks nearby and blasts were heard being shot.
The Lieutenant smirked. 'I guess that answers my question!' he exclaimed as he charged towards the fighting, leading the soldiers into the fray. As they ran into the clearing the Daleks had landed in he drew a machine gun from his back and opened fire at them trying to draw their attention away from the other soldiers trapped in their cover.

Suddenly, as if out of nowhere, the planet shook violently. Unstable buildings collapsed, both with people inside them and empty ones, TARDIS cloister bells chimed, the Gallifrey cloisters even rang, many Time Lords all around who had been injured in the sudden shaking, including the other soldier who had questioned the Lieutenant, regenerated quickly.

The Lieutenant stumbled and looked around as the shaking stopped, watching the buildings coming down and crushing people, seeing soldiers regenerating. He glanced at the other soldier who was regenerating. Getting down beside him, he frowned. 'Are you OK, soldier?' 

'I think so,' replied the soldier.

The Lieutenant nodded and helped him up. 'Good,' he said. 'Go gather the wounded. I'll draw the Daleks away to keep you safe!' he exclaimed as he ran and started to shoot at the Daleks to draw them away from the soldiers.

'Report, are you OK?' asked the Lieutenant's voice over a walkie talkie.

The Lieutenant heard the walkie and frowned. He thought the younger Lieutenant wouldn't recognise his voice so he answered, 'The quake destroyed part of the city. We've got soldiers and civilians wounded or regenerating. Gathering them to protect them,' he said before opening fire again.
'Who's that?' asked the younger Lieutenant.

'Don't worry about that!' exclaimed the Lieutenant. 'If you've got any shuttles to spare, send them to this location to help evacuate the wounded! Many people here need help,' he said.

There was a silence for a moment, then the younger Lieutenant just said, 'Roger,' and fell silent.
The Lieutenant sighed softly. 'Thank you,' he said before dropping the walkie talkie.  He smirked before running towards more sounds of battle, drawing the last of the Daleks away from the rubble.
Blasts and shots rained down onto the planet from space, it wasn't certain from which direction. 

The Lieutenant kept running and soon climbed over some rubble coming out into the new fight. As he climbed, a Dalek on the floor turned its head to look at him. 'Exterminate,' it said weakly. Before he could even react to what was going on, it fired. A weakened blast came from it, hitting him through the hip. He yelled in pain, dropping to his knees. He glanced at the Dalek to see the light fade from its eye stalk. He pushed himself up and kicked it, groaning in pain. 'Bow ties are cool it!' he yelled as he held his hip. 'Well, that will make things a bit harder,' he said before starting to limp. He held his gun up and fired at a few more Daleks.

A sound like thunder sounded louder than the chaos and the planet buckled and shook, bringing down more buildings and causing more regenerations.

'Report,' sounded the younger Lieutenant's voice again.

The Lieutenant groaned looking around. Picking up another walkie talkie from a dead soldier the Lieutenant groaned, 'Me again, another giant shock, I think larger than the first. We've got people regenerating everywhere. Any ideas what's causing all this?' he asked.

'No, sir, but it's not from Gallifrey, something off-planet is doing this,' replied the younger Lieutenant.
The Lieutenant paced slowly with his limp. 'This is worse than I thought. I didn't expect it to go this badly,' he said looking up at the burning sky. 

Blasts and shots, once again, rained down from space.

The planet, almost on cue, shook more violently than ever and, this time, stable buildings fell everywhere. This time, even less regenerated, as many were crushed too quickly to regenerate.
The Lieutenant looked around, seeing so many of his own kind dying around him changed something in him. He frowned. He hadn't felt like this in a long time. He sighed 'Ma'am,' he said into the radio not knowing if his younger self could hear him or not 'I'm....no. This is not for me to do,' he said.

Alas, the younger Lieutenant couldn't hear him. The connection had been shattered in the last shock.

The TARDIS stood a long way off, looking more pained and older than ever but it remained silent.

The Lieutenant sighed looking around at the devastation to his home world. He knew there was nothing else he could do here. There was only one thing left to do now. End it all. He ran as fast as he could with his limp, trying to block out the sounds of screams and crying that now clouded his mind. 'How does the Doctor live with this all the time?' he wondered. He turned a corner and saw the TARDIS. 'I'm coming, my dear,' he called to it. 

'Exterminate!" yelled a dalek from behind him. It shot him through the chest. 

The Lieutenant yelled in pain and dropped to his knees. 'No!' he yelled. 'Not yet!' he rolled onto his back and threw a sticky explosive to the Dalek casing which quickly burnt through it and exploded. He lay on his back and groaned through gritted teeth. Pushing himself up, he walked slower to the TARDIS now. 'So close,' he said as he clicked his fingers and the door flew open.

'Exterminate!' was yelled beside him a few times. 

The Lieutenant's eyes widened and he turned to the Daleks beside him as he kept moving. Firing without any aim now he managed to hit a few of them but one fired at him, its inaccuracy got him in the leg. He dropped to his knees as a small crashing Dalek shuttle just missed him. It smashed into the Daleks but one fired a shot. The Lieutenant could do nothing as he watched the bolt fly straight through the open doors and slam into the console unit of the TARDIS. An explosion rocked through the central column causing a fire to burst out of it. He looked in horror as his home burned. 'No,' he said as he pushed himself onto his knees, now crawling into the TARDIS. He pushed the doors shut as he groaned in pain. He was surviving now on pure anger and rage. He looked at his hand as they started to glow. 'No! No, I'm not ready,' he yelled as he crawled to the console and pulled the Master Lever which was too hot for his hand. 

Through the fire he managed to get the TARDIS to dematerialise as Gallifrey started to crumble. 
Falling onto the floor, leaning against the console as it struggled, The Lieutenant's hand instantly healed due to the regeneration beginning to take hold. 'I guess it's time,' he said, resigning to his fate. 'I wonder what I'll become this time or if I'll even make it that far,' he said, looking at the hologram as he saw the universe burning and dying. The Lieutenant groaned as he watched the universe burn. He lifted his hands as the glow started to intensify. Sighing, he leaned his head back and stretched out his arms and braced. The heat from the fire was starting to become unbearable but it was time now. The Lieutenant's regeneration took hold and energy gushed out of his hands and head, further damaging the TARDIS and filling the console room with smoke. 

The TARDIS shook violently, sounding sluggish and exhausted.

The Lieutenant, mid-regeneration, yelled, 'Extractor fans on,' but they came on very weakly and barely helped at all. The Lieutenant, then, screamed in pain as a very intense, sharp pain inflicted his head. It was very painful and he felt slightly dizzy as a result of it. The regeneration process completed and the Lieutenant swayed for a minute before falling against the console and landing on the floor of the TARDIS. 'No time to be confused and tired,' he whispered to himself with his new voice. He struggled to push himself to his knees and then to his feet and held his head, the intense pain still present in his head. He briefly smelt the burning and looked around the console room with blurry eyes. He struggled to the console and pulled the Master Lever, burning his hand, regenerating it and sending the TARDIS into a burning, out-of-control spiral.

The Lieutenant will return for Children in Need.

The Lieutenant
Thomas Stevens
Emma Watson

The Daleks
Nicholas Briggs

The Soldier
Bill Murray

The Other Soldier
Andy Garcia
Tony Dungy

The Doctor
Jonathon Carley
John Hurt
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Catherine Tate
Michael Jayston
Matt Smith
Toby Jones
Peter Capaldi
Jodie Whittaker
Evan McCabe

And introducing Liam Hickey as the Lieutenant.

Director and Writer
Liam Hickey

Producer
Maureen Farr

In memory of John Hurt, 1940 - 2017.

Fflat 2021.
Back to top Go down
The Lieutenant
Hard Worker
Hard Worker
The Lieutenant

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials    Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2021 10:02 pm

Lieutenant Adventures Children in Need Special 19 November 2021. Beyond the End.

Previously: 'No time to be confused and tired,' he whispered to himself with his new voice. He struggled to push himself to his knees and then to his feet and held his head, the intense pain still present in his head. He briefly smelt the burning and looked around the console room with blurry eyes. He struggled to the console and pulled the Master Lever, burning his hand, regenerating it and sending the TARDIS into a burning, out-of-control spiral.

Now: As the TARDIS spiralled, the console room spun and the Lieutenant slid all over the floor, narrowly missing fire all the time. He clutched his head, in pain, and blinked repeatedly, trying to bring his eyes back into focus. His hearing had cleared out and he could hear perfectly again and his memory was now stronger than ever. He was sure other regenerations hadn't gone like this, but then, he hadn't ever regenerated in so much danger before. He bashed into a scalding hot wall and winced, pushing himself a bit away from the wall. The TARDIS seemed to stop for a moment and he took his opportunity to stand. He could just about make out the damage to the TARDIS and the flames and the smoke filling the console room. The Extractor Fans weezed as they struggled to extract the smoke and then there was a bang as the console room spiralled out of control again and the Lieutenant lost his footing and went sliding down the corridors of the TARDIS.

Hi, I'm Liam Hickey, I'm playing the new Lieutenant in Lieutenant Adventures. I am not totally new to the series, I have written it every year since 2009 and whilst Thomas Stevens, the old Lieutenant, was in the role, I also directed him in his role. 

I am here today to do two things, the first is to encourage you, if it is at all possible for you, to donate whatever monies you can to BBC Children in Need. So many children across the UK have been robbed of the childhood you and I undoubtedly experienced and all monies you donate go towards those children and giving them whatever financial aid they need to continue to survive or even to have some glimpse of a normal life. Secondly, I am here to deliver this short chapter to you, showing what happens to my incarnation of the Lieutenant directly after his regeneration and to prepare you for the Christmas Special.

To donate, please do visit this website and choose one of the payment options https://donate.bbcchildreninneed.co.uk/

Alternatively, call 03457 33 22 33 to donate.
Thank you.

Writer
Liam Hickey

Producer
Maureen Farr

Fflat 2021.
Back to top Go down
The Lieutenant
Hard Worker
Hard Worker
The Lieutenant

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials    Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2021 10:23 pm

Lieutenant Adventures Christmas Special 25 December 2021. A Black Christmas.

The Lieutenant slid through the TARDIS corridors, bashing into walls and passing fires. He clutched his head. It hurt to even think! He did think, however, that he was going to have some job of clearing the TARDIS up. His eyesight had cleared now and he was able to make out surroundings. In fact, in the grander scheme of regeneration and post-regeneration trauma, this was strange, he was feeling very well apart from his head. As if on cue, he slid into the medical room and thudded into a cupboard. He looked around himself. 'Wow,' he muttered to himself, 'I haven't been in here in centuries, I wasn't even sure if it was still here.' he pulled himself up and made his way along the walls to a cupboard and opened it looking for anything to ease his headache. Nothing. He then made his way along the walls and to the door of the medical room, looking for the Emergency Room of Pure and Utter Emergencies. 

The TARDIS shook violently and jolted.

New intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oouyj-Tt0lU&feature=youtu.be

The Lieutenant lost his footing again and slid out of the medical room. He then saw the Emergency Room of Pure and Utter Emergencies but he was heading straight for a fire. Snatching a breath, he held his breath so as to not breathe in smoke, then, as he reached the door, he pushed himself off a nearby wall, hoping it was enough to get him into the Emergency Room of Pure and Utter Emergencies. It wasn't, he caught hold of the door, which swung open on one hinge, the other had been damaged. His trench coat swung dangerously close to the flames and he was dreadfully aware the door could break at any second. He decided to take a punt, he'd either make it or he wouldn't but there wasn't much he could do about it. He swung himself out of the door, three times, building up to attempt to swing himself into the Emergency Room of Pure and Utter Emergencies, as the TARDIS began to tilt. This worked to his advantage because the door swung even more. At last, he did a big swing and let go. Yes! He made it. 

The Lieutenant looked for the light switch and turned it on. The light barely made a difference amongst the smoke but he found what he was looking for, in a corner, boots with a good grip, he might be able, now, to stand and walk and make his way back to the console room. He hurriedly got them on and then made his way out of the room, balancing himself on walls. 

The TARDIS continued to tilt and spiral. 

The Lieutenant made his way along the walls of the corridor and back to the console room where the worst of the fires was still raging and managed to get to the console. He located the blue stabilisers and pressed them, not expecting much to happen but they worked! The TARDIS stabilised. The fires raged on, the Cloister Bell rang fast, and on the outside, the TARDIS was still in trouble but in here, for now, the TARDIS was stable and he could assess the damage. 

The Lieutenant looked around himself. Whatever of the TARDIS was not on fire was blackened and melted. He made his way down the corridors, assessing the damage, the sights of everything brought a tear to his eye. The library was a mess, all books had come off the shelves, most of them now ash, the swimming pool had dried up and most of the room was blackened, most rooms were damaged and would require a lot of repair. 

The Lieutenant made his way back to the console room and the hologram sprung to life. 'That still works, then,' he said to himself.

'Hello?' came an unsure voice on the other end.

'Yes, hello, I'm the Lieutenant, how can I help you?' the Lieutenant asked, as if he was in no danger. 
There was silence from the other end. 

The Lieutenant examined the hologram to ensure it was still working. It was. 'Hello?' he repeated.
'Hello, is this the Lieutenant's TARDIS?' asked the voice.

'Yes, I am in a bit of a situation at the moment so if it's not important, I'd appreciate it if you hung up,' said the Lieutenant, clutching his head and becoming annoyed.

'No, I did intend to call you, yes, I just assumed I got the wrong number because there's a fire in there and the damage is pretty bad and you don't look anything like him. Now, of course, you'll say you've regenerated but we didn't know for sure you weren't just someone pretending to be the Lieutenant so we'd be caught off guard while the Lieutenant sneaks away to claim more lives,' said the voice.

The Lieutenant stood in disbelief for a moment, unsure of what to say. Finally, he spoke. 'I certainly hope no-one's impersonating me,' he said. 'I am the Lieutenant, I have just regenerated and I have a massive headache,' he noticed as he said that, the pain had started to subside, 'my TARDIS is burning down as a result and I really need you to pick up the pace with what you're saying if I am going to have a time machine to travel in,' he said.

'We'll require some proof it's you,' said the voice.

The Lieutenant cut them off, this was not the time. He hurried back to the console and slammed his fist down on a button which activated the TARDIS sprinklers and then hurried back to the Emergency Room of Pure and Utter Emergencies and grabbed a fire extinguisher and hurried back to the console room and sprayed the room white until the fires were out. He then hurried down the corridors, inspecting the TARDIS insofar as he could to ensure the sprinklers were doing their job. They were. At last, he returned to the console room and turned off the sprinklers. His TARDIS really was a nasty sight to see, half the red it had once been, half black or melted, and smelt nasty. The console was the same, now also covered in foam, but still operational.

The hologram sprung to life again. 

The Lieutenant stood in view this time. 'What do you want?' he demanded.

'This is Revenge, Lieutenant, do you remember me?' asked the voice.

'Of course I do,' said the Lieutenant, bluntly. 

'So, the proof...' began Revenge.

'Don't be ridiculous,' said the Lieutenant, sharply. 'You can see me now, these are the clothes the Lieutenant you knew wore, I am him, these are my clothes,' he said.

There was silence again and then the Oracle spoke. 'It is him,' he said. 

'Thank you,' said the Lieutenant, gratefully.

'He never would have thanked me before, he definitely has regenerated,' said the Oracle. 
'Lieutenant, how can we trust you after the last four hundred years you have spent roaming the Universe, living how you like and killing anyone who gets in your way?' asked Revenge.

Although the Lieutenant was dreadfully aware Revenge was talking about him and what he'd done, the thought of it all shocked him and he briefly couldn't believe what he'd done.

Revenge noticed the shock. 

The Lieutenant looked at the hologram and accepted, then, that what had happened was unique to that life and time and he barely knew who he was now. 'You can't know you can trust me, neither can I, you'll know as well as I do that adjusting to a new body is hard, I don't currently know who I am and if I don't know who I am, no-one else can possibly know that,' he said.

'Lieutenant, there is a sense of unreality about you. OK, I do understand you have just regenerated, but you seem not to realise the scale of what you've done. The name Lieutenant used to be viewed as a saviour, someone who fought to protect others, for some of us, it was the heroic figure who had once been our Lord President, that was because of you, Lieutenant, then one day, the evil Lieutenant emerged and all those people you had done so much good for now feared you, no-one can trust you now, Lieutenant, not even us. The Universe grew dark when the good Lieutenant died and lived in the shadow of the evil Lieutenant. Many didn't believe it was you, they'd rather believe you'd died than become evil,' said Revenge, forcefully.

There was a tear in the Lieutenant's eye, but he said nothing. 

'Lieutenant, you very nearly killed the Universe, both time and space. The Universe is still on the point of collapse and only you can save it, none of us know to what extent you destroyed the Nine Gates, only you do and we really need you to fix them now or all life in this Universe is over. In addition to that, the time ahead for you, Lieutenant, is not looking up. You will be brought back to our starship and put on trial and we will decide how severe your crimes were and what punishment you deserve-'
'I didn't choose to become evil,' said the Lieutenant.

'I'm sorry?' asked Revenge.

'I didn't choose to become evil,' repeated the Lieutenant.

'Explain,' said Revenge.

'It was regenerative difficulty. The last time I was regenerating, my regeneration got stuck half-way through and when it got going again, I had this sharp pain in my head as the goodness in me left, totally through regenerative difficulty. It's the pain I have in my head now, as the regenerative error corrects itself,' said the Lieutenant. 'I know that, but I alone do, I can't prove it,' he said. 

'I'm sorry, Lieutenant, regardless of whether I believe you or not, you will have to convince a court,' said Revenge.

The Lieutenant sighed in frustration and cut the communication again. 'I got the message,' he said to himself, 'save the Universe for us but you won't be rewarded and you will have some punishment for existing.'

A blast from outside struck the TARDIS and it shook.

The Lieutenant felt it and put the hologram on and watched the war raging outside the TARDIS. He ran a few tests on what was going on and watched them closely, noting their tactics and their strength and then he ran a few tests with the coordinates of the Nine Gates, assessing the damage he had caused them and what they would require to be re-secured. Finally, when he finished, he set coordinates for the planet Magnulara and pulled the Master Lever. 

The TARDIS materialised sluggishly.

The Lieutenant stode to the door, opened it and walked out, closing it behind him. Thankfully, the exterior of the TARDIS had escaped damage. He wasn't here for any particular reason other than to watch. He walked quite a distance away from the TARDIS and then stood, looking up into the sky, watching the war rage on. It wasn't too near this planet yet but it would be very shortly, so it was a safe place to watch from for a short time. Undoubtedly, as soon as he was detected on the planet's surface, he would be targeted, and he knew that.

The planet shook and time and space seemed to blink in and out of existence for a moment.

The TARDIS moaned.

The Lieutenant noticed the pain in his head was subsiding. He also realised he was a bit big now for his outfit. It would have to wait. He thrust his hands into his pockets, his trench coat blowing in gusts resulting from the violence, and he just watched the war light up the sky for a while. 

'Detected,' yelled a Cyberman.

'Time to go!' exclaimed the Lieutenant. He sprinted back to the TARDIS, rand inside and shut his trench coat in the door, it came off. He decided to leave it behind, yanked the Master Lever.

Sparks flew out of the console and smoke went everywhere. The TARDIS sluggishly dematerialised. 

'Come on, come on, quicker!' yelled the Lieutenant. 

The TARDIS shuddered as a stray blast hit it.

The Lieutenant almost lost his footing and caught himself on the console. When the TARDIS stabilised, he retrieved his trench coat from the door and put it back on. 'I'm still the Lieutenant, trust me,' he said to the TARDIS.

The TARDIS hologram sprung to life again.

The Lieutenant glanced at it and then back at the console. 'What do you want?' he muttered.

'Lieutenant, I'm sorry I acted the way I did to you. After some advice and a bit of thought, I have reason to believe you were a victim of your own regeneration but you need to clear your name. Civilisations unaware of our physiology won't understand this, our own kind won't to begin with and someone needs to be punished for the loss of life,' said Revenge.

There was an awkward silence. Then the Lieutenant said, 'What do I have to do?' 

'Well, first of all, you started this war, regardless of who you are now, Lieutenant, you did start this war, the very reality of time and space is almost dead. The shaking and jolts, that is time and space collapsing, before long, everything will go dark, it will go out. Only you know the extent of the damage you caused, only you know who you released, the person to fix this is you,' said Revenge. 'Please, Lieutenant, for the sake of all life in the Universe, as who you are now, please save us.' 

The Lieutenant refused to look up from the console but cut the communication, muttering, 'Fine'. He further noticed the pain in his head subsiding and set the coordinates to random and, as time and space jolted, he pulled the Master Lever.

The TARDIS spluttered and coughed up sparks as it sluggishly materialised in a random location.

The Lieutenant activated the hologram and panned his surroundings. He saw a planet being absolutely pelted by the war he had caused. He was on the planet Zadritis, the inhabitants were humanoid, like himself. He almost felt like a father to the planet he'd landed on. He'd caused this war, he was the cause of their suffering and fear and he felt it was his responsibility to protect them. He adjusted his trench coat and set off, out of the TARDIS. He ducked underneath incoming gunfire. He spotted a family, with young children, cowering in the middle of the community he was in, if they didn't move, they'd be killed. 

The Lieutenant ran at them and when he reached them, he held his arms around them whilst herding them to safety. He found a small, abandoned house and herded them inside, closing the door.
'Who are you?' one of the parents asked.

Knowing the possibility they had heard of him, he kept quiet. 'You'll be safe in here, I am going to try and find your smartest people, scientists, defence, I am going to help them set up a planetary shield, like a bubble around the planet, to protect you all, it won't last too long but long enough for you to learn to defend yourselves, hopefully long enough for me to save the Universe,' said the Lieutenant hurriedly, and out of breath.

'But who are you?' demanded the parent.

The Lieutenant sighed and decided just to tell them straight out. 'I'm the Lieutenant,' he said. 
The kids screamed, knowing the name and the parents held them back, away from the Lieutenant. 'You're a murderer,' said one of the parents.

'Not anymore,' said the Lieutenant, 'You look up any records of the incarnation of myself responsible for all that, you'll find these clothes but not this face. If I didn't care, I could have sailed past this planet and let it die, why should I stop here and spend some of my time trying to protect you? Think it through. Now, listen, this is important, do not leave this building for anything until the bubble shield is up, OK? Only leave if the building is destroyed,' he said.

'How will we know when the bubble is up?' asked one of the parents.

'I don't think you'll miss it, look up,' said the Lieutenant. 'For the time ahead, you will have a depressing time of mourning, and I really am sorry for that, but stay here until you know you're safe, trust me, I am going to protect your planet for you until the shield breaks and you're the first to know about it so trust me, I really have to go now, stay here,' he said, leaving the house, pulling the door shut behind him. He ran back to the TARDIS and did a scan of the area on the hologram, searching for some sort of governing body. He found a lot, alien countries, no doubt. He decided to head for the biggest. He left the TARDIS again and grabbed the nearest person running away and pulled them into the TARDIS. 'You're safe in here, don't worry,' said the Lieutenant.

'What is this place?' they asked.

The Lieutenant looked alarmed. 'Seriously, the Universe is dying and you're worried about where you are? Worry about whether you'll wake up tomorrow or not. Now, tell me, I believe there are space ports on this planet, for travel between one country and another?' he asked.

'Country?' they asked.

The Lieutenant looked troubled. That clearly wasn't the word they used. 'Erm, states?' he asked.
'Oh, Sovereign States!' exclaimed the person.

'Yes!' exclaimed the Lieutenant, that must be it. 'Sorry, I'm not from here,' he said.

'You're from another Sovereign State?' asked the person.

'Ah, close enough,' smiled the Lieutenant. The smile faded as he said, 'Right, I need to get to Velvulara, where the biggest governing body on this planet sits, how do I get there?'
The person told the Lieutenant how to get there and he set off at once. 

On arrival, the Lieutenant asked a supervisor in Velvulara, 'Where did I come from?'

'As in origin?' asked the supervisor.

The Lieutenant stared at them. 'What?! No! Where did I travel from? I know I really should have asked before I left but I didn't,' he said.

'Lovarius,' said the supervisor.

'Thank you,' said the Lieutenant, bluntly. He then headed towards a bay that read, 'limousines'.

On arriving, the Lieutenant stepped out of a limousine and looked around. He was standing in front of a large, strange building, disproportionate in size, bigger on the top than on the bottom, covered in plastic windows, rather than glass, which were all reflecting lights, explosions and blasts from the conflict raging overhead. It was the biggest building around. Chances were this was it. The Lieutenant strode up to the building, in through a rotating door and up to a help desk.

'Can I help, sir?' asked the receptionist.

'Yes, please, I'd like to see the Velvuran versions of the Ministers for Defence, Science and Technology,' said the Lieutenant.

'Who is asking, sir?' asked the receptionist.

'The Lieutenant,' said the Lieutenant.

'Lieutenant what?' asked the receptionist.

'Just the Lieutenant, they more than likely know who I am,' said the Lieutenant.

'They sit on floors fifty-seven, fifty-eight and fifty-nine,' said the receptionist.

'Thank you,' said the Lieutenant, heading for the lifts and heading up to floor fifty-seven. Once the lift arrived, he creeped out of the lift and looked around. He didn't know what he was looking for. The building shook as the planet was impacted from above and the Lieutenant stumbled into a wall, it was a reminder that time was fragile and he had to move quickly. He came across a board room where a meeting was taking place and he looked in through the door for a moment. He didn't really want to interrupt but he decided the priority here wasn't interrupting a meeting and looking rude, it was saving as many lives as possible. So, he burst into the meeting.

'Wrong room, mate,' said someone at the table.

'Probably is,' said the Lieutenant, 'but if you had a few signs up, I'd know where I was going.' 
'What are you looking for?' asked another person.

'No,' said the Lieutenant, 'whom. I am looking for the Minister for Defence.'

'Ah, yes, you were expected,' said the man at the top of the table. 'I am the Minister,' he said.

'I'm the Lieutenant, I know you all know who that is and I know all of you realise I don't look like what you thought I did,' said the Lieutenant. 'I'm not sure how aware you are of Time Lord biology but I have regenerated.'

'We're not aware of Time Lord biology here but we do have a whole file about you on the shelf in the office and you're not to be trusted so I'd love to know why you're here,' said the Minister.

'I highly doubt that,' said the Lieutenant. 'I'd imagine you have an entire file on just one of my incarnations, I had a four thousand year record of goodness and trust before the last four hundred years. Anyway, you're wasting time, the difference between life and death, saving this planet and letting it perish lies with me because I did cause this and now I am fixing it and it is urgent you come with me right now,' he said, urgently.

The Minister both heard and saw the Lieutenant's urgency and he didn't think twice. He glanced around the room and then said, 'Please excuse me,' and followed the Lieutenant from the room.

Once outside, the Lieutenant let the Minister in front of him. 'I've never been to this planet before, I don't know where things are, you lead the way,' he said.

'Where are we going?' asked the Minister.

'Your office,' said the Lieutenant. 'Classified information to be shared with you.'

Once in the office, the Minister sat down at his desk and invited the Lieutenant to take a seat opposite him.

The Lieutenant didn't wait for the Minister to begin. 'Right, this is urgent,' he said, 'I am not a technology person, not naturally, and I'm not familiar with your planet. I did intend to go around other Ministries, bursting in, trying to find someone in charge and telling them the fastest and longest-lasting defence method which will buy you the time to train in combat and defend yourselves, towards the end of this war, when I have just about fixed everything. Sadly, I won't be back to see how you're getting on because I will be occupied, Time Lord stuff, you know yourself.'

The Minister wasn't sure he did know himself, however, he listened closely.

'The method that will provide the most protection for the longest is a spherical shield,' said the Lieutenant. 'Make it out of whatever you like, I don't know, my area of expertise is telepathy, you'd know better than me. Something that might be held in place by a big, sturdy pole through the centre of the planet or something which raises up from the ground. You would also know what ministries to contact regarding that. Now, I have promised a small family that I will keep you all safe, they are sheltering in an abandoned building in Lovarius, I promised I had a plan and you would not die, not today.'

'We're not over Lovarius,' said the Minister.

'I am dreadfully aware of that,' said the Lieutenant, growing more and more irritated. Politicians were all the same, even alien ones. 'I travelled here to see you because your government are the biggest on the planet, the most influential,' he said. 'Please, this is a matter of urgency, if you keep delaying time, you will all die, you are facing mass extinction. I told the family in Lavrius-'

'That's just one small family,' said the Minister bluntly, cutting off the Lieutenant.

'Small compared with who? Compared with you?' asked the Lieutenant, annoyed.

The Minister remained silent.

'I told the family in Lovarius not to leave until the defences are up, I told them to look outside and that they can't miss it. I want to get back to them because it's fair to say everyone on this planet thinks I am a murderer and I do, passionately, enjoy saving people,' said the Lieutenant and he noticed, as he said it, the pain in his head was completely gone. 'I am not asking you, I am telling you. Save yourselves or die. Your choice,' he said. 

As if to remind the Minister what they were fighting against, the planet shook again and the Lieutenant's chair almost went backward. 

The Lieutenant got up, yanked the door open, papers went everywhere, strode down the corridor and back down past the board room whose door was open.

'How did it go?' someone called from the board room.

The Lieutenant kept striding. 'You're all gonna die,' he called back, loud enough for the Minister to hear him. He reached the lift and pressed the button but would have to wait a while for the lift to arrive.

The Minister came to the door of his office and looked as if he was about to hurl verbal abuse at the Lieutenant.

The Lieutenant beat him to it. 'Get to it, man!' he yelled, making everyone fall silent. 'What's more important? Your money or the lives of everyone on the entire planet?'

The Minister didn't need to be told again, he got straight to work.

The lift arrived and the Lieutenant got in and pressed G for ground floor. When the lift arrived, he strode out, across the landing and to the receptionist's desk. After saying thank you, he headed out to the limousines, which were still out there. He asked if he might have a lift back to the space port under a matter of urgency and they agreed and brought him back to the space port.

On arriving back in Lovarius, the Lieutenant made his way back to the TARDIS. He briefly panicked when he didn't see the TARDIS, wondering if, either, it had moved or the town had moved. Then he saw it and he calmed down. Walking around the town, he had forgotten which abandoned building he had left the family in. With a sinking feeling in his heart, he hoped it wasn't one of the collapsed buildings. Then they called out to him and he hurried across to them and into the building.

'Where's the bubble?' asked the father when the Lieutenant got back inside.

'The bubble?' asked the Lieutenant, trying to remember what he had said to them.

'The bubble! The shield!' exclaimed the mother.

'Oh! The bubble!' exclaimed the Lieutenant. 'I forgot about that,' he said.

'You didn't say it?' asked the father.

'I did propose the same thing but I forgot what I called it,' said the Lieutenant.

They relaxed a bit, knowing he didn't forget to propose a shield.

'I'd like them to get their act together very quickly,' said the Lieutenant, frustrated.

'Did they give you a time frame for when they would put up this shield?' asked the father.

'No,' said the Lieutenant. A blue glow ha
d covered the floor of the house but the Lieutenant didn't notice. 'I gave them the time frame.'
The mother pointed at the ground. 'Lieutenant...?' she asked.

The Lieutenant looked down. 'Oh, at last!' exclaimed the Lieutenant.

'What is it?' asked the mother.

'Look outside,' said the Lieutenant, as the blue glow rose up and past the roof. It was everywhere else to be seen, rising all over the town. It continued right up into the sky and stopped far, far above. The blasts from above ceased. 'There you go,' he said, 'look up.'

The family moved to the window and looked out. 'It looks like a-'

The Lieutenant cut them off. 'That's the bubble I was referring to, you're safe now, thank your planet's Governments for that, not me. Your task now is an urgent one because that bubble won't last forever and I can't guarantee I will have sorted out my mess before it does. Today, I saved your lives and all inhabitants on this planet, you can't deny that, and I wouldn't do it for nothing so trust me, use the time ahead to recover, train yourselves and be ready to fight when the bubble fails, yes?' he asked.
The parents nodded.

The Lieutenant moved to the door, opened it, stepped out and strolled around, sniffing the fresh air all around. 'Come on out, stroll, you can do so safely,' he said to the family and others in the town also started to.

The family quickly forgot the Lieutenant and reunited with their friends. People ran to each other, crying happy tears and hugging, celebrating and mourning. 

In all the delight and celebration, the Lieutenant slipped away, unnoticed, located the TARDIS, returned to it and went in, closing the door behind him. For a moment, he sighed and looked around the charred remains of the inside of the TARDIS, then he considered his next task, to save the Universe. There had never been a better time than now. He set the co-ordinates for 21st Century England and pulled the Master Lever.

The TARDIS dematerialised sluggishly.

The Lieutenant will return in Series 16.

The Lieutenant
Liam Hickey

Revenge
Grant Hill

The Oracle
Lucas Black

Cybermen
Nicholas Briggs

Family
Jodie Sweetin
Mickey Rourke
Julia Butters

The person
Donnie Jeffcoat

The supervisor
Ani DiFranco

The receptionist
Marc Andreessen

Board Meeting People
Gunnar Fritz Stansson
Julian Assange

The Minister
Seann William Scott

Writer
Liam Hickey

Producer
Maureen Farr

Fflat 2021.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials    Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials
Page 1 of 1